Information about the metals commonly used in yacht construction, how and where to use them and ways in which they fail.
The tabs are organised alphabetically as follows:
- Brass and Bronze. The principal differences between copper alloys and problems that affect them in yacht duties. This page includes information and examples of dezincification of seacocks and other fittings.
- Corrosion. Describes general and galvanic corrosion problems.
- Crevice. A form of corrosion that affects alloys relying on a passive oxide film for corrosion resistance. The main ones are stainless steels and aluminium alloys.
- Electro. Particular problems that occur when electric currents are applied to metals. Also includes use of anodes and what happens when they are mis-used.
- Fatigue. Information and examples of this mechanical failure mechanism that principally affects rigging and its fittings but cannot be ignored anywhere that cyclic stress exists.
- Hardness testing. A simple means of comparing the hardness of a Rocna anchor shank with a known standard
- SCC. Describes the causes of stress-corrosion cracking and shows some examples
- Can you buy valtrex over the counter usa
- Can i buy propecia over the counter
- Can you buy flagyl over the counter
- Synthroid discount
- How to buy amoxil
- Symbicort price without insurance
- Get antabuse